Each bottle contains 30 tablespoon servings.
One (1) tablespoon 1-6 times daily blended in juice & water, or your favorite beverage.
POWER FOR LIFE: Ingredients and their properties
They are full of dietary fiber, amino acids, beneficial fatty acids, vitamins A and E, plus they are rich in calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc. Acai Berries have been found to improve heart health, increase fat metabolism and aid with digestion. They also contain strong anti-aging properties along with many additional health benefits.
Alfalfa Grass Juice is a complete, well rounded source of vitamins & minerals that is extremely beneficial to the body. The leaves contain eight amino acids as well as calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, iron sulfides, choline and beta-carotene. It is said to be an excellent source of Vitamins A, B, D, C, E and K as well as zinc & calcium. It is rich in saponins, phytoestrogen and antioxidants.
Raw Alfalfa Grass Juice is known as “The Father of all Foods” and has been used for years in Chinese medicine to support the healing process. It is a true superfood that may promote overall health and wellness. Historically used as an herbal diuretic and laxative, it can naturally support intestinal health. It may be beneficial in supporting a sluggish appetite and calming a general upset stomach.
Alfalfa Grass Juice is also used to support the body’s detoxification process and is an antifungal agent.
It can aid the assimilation of protein, fats and carbohydrates and supports a healthy heart due to its high nutrient content. It may also be highly beneficial against both anemia and asthma. The rich amount of vitamins and minerals found in Alfalfa Grass Juice can help with malnutrition from anorexia or other disorders. High in alkaline properties it can therefore be used to support healthy ph balance.
Alfalfa Grass Juice contains Superoxide Dismutase (SOD). The aging process has been directly linked to decreasing amounts of SOD in our system. Increased amounts of SOD cause our body to repair itself quicker. Additionally SOD acts as an anti-inflammatory.
Benefits may include:
- Excellent natural laxative & diuretic
- Detoxifying of the urinary tract
- Excellent natural source of vitamin K
- Well-known blood & liver purifier of chemicals & heavy metals
- Supports healthy digestion
- Strengthens blood vessels
- Improves visual function
Vaccinium Myrtillus L. is a perennial shrub that grows in the woods of northern Europe and sandy areas of North America. After the plant is cultivated, the ripe deep-blue berries are used to prepare the extract.
The dried Bilberries have been found to have an impressive effect on capillary circulation. They modify the ability of fluids to flow through capillary walls and decrease capillary fragility. Furthermore, Bilberry is also an inhibitor of platelet aggregation. Thus, it may reduce the risk of life threatening clots.
Bilberry also has a profound effect of improving visual function. During World War II, the British pilots reported a dramatic increase in their night vision after consuming Bilberry jam. In the 60’s, French scientists found that enzymes in the eye became more active after ingestion of Bilberry. Additional research showed that Bilberry extract significantly improved dark adaptation-the length of time it takes for our eyes to adapt to the dark after being exposed to light. Finally, the extract may even help people with normal myopia or near-sightedness. An Italian study recently showed “significant improvement” in 75% of the cases.
Another major application of Bilberry extract includes helping in disorders of peripheral venous circulation such as varicose veins, telangectasia and intermittent claudication.
- Decreasing your risk of cancer
- Preventing heart disease and stroke by reducing the build up of so called “bad” cholesterol
- Guarding against Alzheimer’s and other neurological diseases
- Combating aging and reversing short term memory loss
- Relieving arthritis inflammation
- Fighting infection and bolstering the immune system
- Promoting urinary tract health
- Optimizing vision health and reversing the causes of macular degeneration and blindness
- Improving motor skills
- Excellent source of Sulforaphance, found to be anti-mutagenic
- Member of the phytochemica group known as “isothiocyanates”
- Helps to maintain normal cell functions
- Strengthens the immune system
- Detoxifies the body
- Rich source of iron, zinc and many minerals
- Assists digestion
- Protects against radiation
Chlorella is a fresh water algae that has been around for several billion years. It is made up of 60% protein and has twice the protein content of soy. Chlorella has more chlorphyll than Alfalfa, ten times that of Spirulina, and over eight times that of Wheat Grass. Chlorella contains impressive amounts of beta-carotene, Vitamin C, B1, 82, 86, B12, niacin, potassium, phosphorous, copper, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, manganese, zinc, iodine, and cobalt.
Chlorella’s health promoting effects are many. It has been studied as a growth stimulator. It was found that Chlorella has the ability to stimulate the healing process and fight against many disease states. Similarly, Chlorella may be important in slowing down aging. Researchers have discovered that treatment with Chlorella helped patients regain energy and restore a more youthful appearance. It is hypothesized that the high nucleic acid content (RNA/DNA) of Chlorella aids in this process. Furthermore, Chlorella provides nucleic adds that are more bio-available to cells than synthetic supplements.
Chlorella has been shown to stimulate our immune system. Researchers have found that macrophages, the soldiers of the immune system, had increased activity after treatment with Chlorella. Other labs have proven that Chlorella derivatives have anti-tumor affects, presumably through stimulation of cancer fighting lymphocytes. Additionally, Chlorella can promote bowel health through stimulation of beneficial bacteria. These bacteria aid in digestion and detoxify dangerous substances.
Finally, Chlorella is loaded with beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is a strong antioxidant and has been shown to be protective against free radical inducing chemicals and prevent induction of cancers.
It has been shown to:
- Be anti-mutagenic
- Reduce tumor promotion
- Decrease lipid peroxidation and iron induced damage
- Function as an anti-inflammatory in joint problems
- Heals toxin induced liver damage
- Reduce serum HDL cholesterol levels
- Act as a better dose-dependent antithrombotic agent than aspirin
- Reduce cancer lesion size and pain
To date, over 140 studies and several books have been published on the health promoting effects of Curcumin.
The Friendly Bacteria Complex is from the highest quality source available. In addition to breaking down and helping remove food residues, Friendly Bacteria Complex has been shown to:
- Help neutralize toxins in the intestines
- Directly suppress specific groups of unfriendly micro-organisms by producing antibacterial and perhaps antifungal substances
- Alter the metabolism of unfriendly microorganisms without affecting other friendly microorganisms in the intestines
- Compete with pathogens for adhesions receptor sites on the intestinal wall
- Stimulate the immune system by increasing antibody levels and improving macrophage activity
- Help the body resist infections, particularly in the intestinal tract
- Act as the main contributor to the effective elimination of waste material from the small intestine and colon. Approximately 70% of a healthy adult’s stool are composed of bacteria
The following is a list of bacteria in the Friendly Bacteria Complex:
- Arthrobacter agilis, citreus, globiformis, luteus and simplex
- Acinetobacter calcoaceticus
- Azotobacter chroococcum and paspali
- Azosprillum brasilienses and lipoferum
- Aspergilius terrerus
- Bacillus brevis, macerans, pumilus, polymyxa, and subtillis
- Bacteroides, lipolyticum, sueccinogenes
- Bifidobacterium infatis, longum, and thermophilum
- Brevibacterium lipolyticum and stationis
- DDS-I acidophilus
- Enterococcus faecium
- Kurthis zopfii
- Lactobacillus acidophilus, bulgaricum, casei, plantarum, rhamnosus, and salivarius
- Myrothecium verrucaria
- Pediococcus acidilacticii
- Phanerochaete chrsosporium
- Pseudomonas clacis, dentrificans, fluorescens and glathei
- Rhizopus oryzae
- Streptococcus thermophilus
- Streptomycus fradiae, cellulasae and griseoflavus
- Trichoderma viride
Much of the research on FOS is recent and much is still needed. However, this impressive list attests to the power of this supplement:
- Relieves constipation
- Prevents growth of antibiotic – associated diarrhea
- Reduces blood cholesterol and triglycerides levels
- Fights the formation of tooth cavities
- Helps diabetics lower blood sugar levels
- Has a very low caloric content
- Protects neurons from oxidative stress
- Very strong antioxidant
Ginkgo is an extract from an ancient family of Japanese trees. Ginkgo Bilboa is one of the most highly researched herbs of modern science. Ginkgo extract is a very powerful antioxidant that has been shown to hinder lipid peroxidation of cell membranes In the brain and central nervous system. Brain cells are particularly vulnerable to attack by free radicals, because of their high concentration of unsaturated fats. Ginkgo may be able to protect the brain from excessive aging and decreased mental functioning. Furthermore, Gingko may improve the delivery of oxygen and glucose to brain tissues and increases nerve impulse mechanisms linked to memory.
Recently, scientists have shown that Ginkgo provided protection against mutagenic effects of oxidation in Chernobyl survivors. Radiation is a potent oxidizing agent and Ginkgo had a positive effect in reducing radiation induced damage to the victims. Additionally, Ginkgo has been shown to aid in heart recovery after heart attacks.
Other studies have shown that this herb has positive effects on treatment of ailments associated with vascular problems.
It has been shown that Ginkgo:
- Increases the blood flow rate in vessels and thus may aid circulatory disorders
- Helps clotting disorders
- May modify platelet aggregation and inhibit inappropriate clotting that may lead to strokes or heart attack
No toxicity has been reported in the various clinical tests. It has been written that Ginkgo improves memory and brain function, protects the heart, facilitates blood circulation, benefits hearing and vision problems, and helps to preserve general health and vitality.
- Most active bioavailable antioxidant
- Contains more than 90% of all the classes of polyphenols (powerful antioxidants)
- These freshly synthesized small, young polyphenols can easily cross-intracellular membranes making them more bioavailable
- Provides protection from harmful environmental stresses
- Rich in powerful antioxidants
- Contains Proanthoyanids:the most powerful natural antioxidant ever discovered
- Protects the central nervous system and connective tissue
Grapeseed extract is a natural free radical scavenger. It is a highly bioavailable, bioflavonoid complex that is rapidly absorbed and distributed rapidly throughout the body.
The extract is a concentrate of a unique class of water-soluble flavonoids. These flavonoids are a special blend of 95% Polyphenols, comprised of 68% Proanthocyanidins. Proanthocyanidins are the most potent natural free radical scavenger yet discovered. Its antioxidant capabilities exceed that of Vitamin E by 50 fold and Vitamin C by 20 fold. Additionally, it works with the glutathione in the body to restore oxidized Vitamin C back to ascorbic acid.
The protective chemicals from Grape Seed extract are preferred to those of pine bark (which shares many of the same base components) because Grape Seed extract had a higher content of antioxidants.
Furthermore, Grape Seed extracts have been used to assist with the following: arthritis, diabetic retinopathy, visual acuity, edema, elevated cholesterol, nighttime cramps, PMS, sports injuries, swollen lymph nodes and varicose veins.
A related extract from pine tree bark was used over 500 years ago by the explorer Jaques Cartier. Native Americans in the Gulf of St. Lawrence taught his crew to treat their scurvy induced swollen joints with a broth made from a specific pine bark. The remedy was made of 85% polyphenols and proanthocyanids. He then studied grape seed extract, and found it had several advantages overpine bark: it was 95% polyphenois and proanthocyanids, it was non-allergenic unlike pine bark, and it contained important gallic esters that pine bark didn‘t have.
- Plenteous source of iron and phycocyanin
- Extremely high protein content
- Highest concentration of Vitamin B12 of any food
- 10 times more beta-carotene than carrots
- Rich source of gamma-liolenic acid
Hawaiian Spirulina is a premium blue-green marine cultivated microalgae. Spirulina lived on the earth for 3 billion years and is the basic on the food chain. Spirulina is one of the most nutrient-rich of any blue-green microalgae. Recent research has shown that spirulina is anti-mutagenic and may protect against oral cancer.
Spirulina, while alive, absorbs many minerals and trace elements. Some of these elements are as follows; calcium, potassium, zinc, chromium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iodine, sodium, and selenium. Most importantly, it is a superior source of highly absorbable organic iron. Spirulina is the richest food source of Vitamin B12, containing over twice the amount of liver.
Spirulina has several biologically important pigments. The blue pigment Phycocyanin, is the most important pigment in Spirulina and can comprise up to one-fifth of the total weight of algae. This blue pigment has several important functions and research indicates it may stimulate the immune system.
Spirulina is high in the essential fatty acid Gamma -Linolenic Acid (GLA). Spirulina contains 17% carbohydrates, all as easily assimilated glycosides. Over 60% of these glycosides are Rhamnose, a polysaccharide that is rapidly broken down to glycogen and easily absorbed by the body. It offers rapid energy without taxing the pancreas or causing hypoglycemia. It does not raise insulin levels, so it is suitable for diabetics. Research at the National Cancer Institute discovered that sulfolipids extracted from Spirulina were markedly active against the virus that causes AIDS.
Spirulina’s betacarotene works synergistically with lecithin to safeguard the body’s mucous membranes. This reinforces the immune system’s first line of defense by occluding bacteria viruses, allergens, viruses, and toxic chemicals.
Spirulina is over 60% readily digestible biologically complete protein. By comparison, beef is only 22% protein.
Hydrilla offers the unique nutrition to fortify the immune system, build and protect healthy cells and provide natural energy from phytonutrients. Hydrilla has been proven effective as a muscle builder, energy enhancer, nutrient provider, anti-arthritic, free radical scavenger, and has had dynamic applications for stress management, skin disorders, and age associated diseases. Hydrilla also enhances the results of other nutrient’s absorption and helps control toxic reactions caused by drugs and chemical exposures from diet and the environment. Especially of note is its ability to act as an appetite suppressant.
Power For Life’s Milk Thistle extract is over 80% Silymarin, the clinical effective dose. Silymarin is primarily pharmacologically active in the liver. Silymarin works by preventing liver destruction and strengthening liver function. It does this by its ability to stimulate liver protein synthesis and inhibit the factors that cause hepatic damage, such as free radicals. Milk Thistle is believed to augment the secretion and flow of bile from the liver and gall bladder.
- Contains powerful anti-inflammatory enzymes
- Aids with many health conditions from digestive disorders to arthritis
Nova Scotia Dulse caontains not tonly organic idodine, but an impressive array of vital minerals, trace elements and electrolytes. The whole food source of organic iodine, found in dulse, is extremely important to your body. Nearly all of the iodine in our body is used by the thyroid gland (which regulates body metabolism) to make thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormone controls or strongly influences every chemical reaction in the human body. Many people, especially in the U.S.A., are suffering from a sluggish thyroid often brought on by stress and a lack of good food based organic iodine. Good sources of organic iodine are difficult to find because you cook the foods that have iodine in them. Iodine is completely lost in cooking because it is soluble. Iodine is found abundantly in the ocean, and one of the best natural, organic, raw food iodine sources is the purple seaweed Nova Scotia Dulse. With a severe loss of iodine, your body can produce goiters (swollen thyroid glands). Research by the U.S.D.A. found that 1.0 to 2.0 milligrams of iodine is needed daily. High physical and emotional stress can increase that figure dramatically. Inorganic iodine in the drinking water or iodized table salt should not be depended on as a source of iodine. Nova Scotia Dulse, kelp and raw sea fish are some of the best food sources of natural organic iodine.
- Potent antioxidant
- Powerful anti-viral, antibacterial, and antifungal agent
- Cancer Chemopreventative properties=protection from environmental chemicals
- Increases blood clotting and controls hemorrhage
- Astringent and anti-inflammatory effects
Research has shown that Rice Bran contains minute amounts of trace elements that are crucial for proper immune system function. When Asians abstain from their diet of rice, the disease beriberi results. It is believed that the components of the Rice Bran play a central role in prevention of such ailments.
- High in proanthocyanidins – a powerful antioxidant
- Improves coronary circulation
- Lowers blood pressure and cholesterol
- Anti-inflammatory – benefits arthritis, rheumatism and gout
In humans, Royal Jelly fights aging through its pathothenic acid content, the key B-Vitamin that stimulates the adrenal glands. Acts as a catalyst for assimilation of nutrients, increases resistance to infection, and helps relieves stress symptoms. Modern French research shows that Royal Jelly acts like a natural hormone, stimulating both male and female sex glands and enhances endocrine gland function. The study goes on to report that Royal Jelly benefits the treatment of sterility and sex-organ insufficiencies, such as frigidity and impotence.
Royal Jelly is antivirucidal, especially against those viruses that cause herpes and the flu. These naturally occurring antibiotics are about 25% as active as penicillin. Royal Jelly aids the skin by preventing infections that cause welts, pimples, and boils.
Pharmacological and clinical studies have shown positive effects on the central nervous and cardiovascular systems. In animal tests, it has been shown to improve learning, memory and physical capability, as well as increase energy and metabolism during exercise.
In humans it was shown to:
- Give favorable results in performance
- Be hypotensive, lowering blood pressure
- Stimulate the immune system
Siberian Ginseng Extract is a unique form of Ginseng that is immunsuportive and helps detoxify the body of poisons and waste materials. Siberian Eluthro Ginseng is known as a fatigue and stress fighter. This special form of Ginseng helps ward off stress and balances the body’s circulation. Soviet research concludes that when stress occurs, Siberian Ginseng encourages faster corticosteroid release and more rapid return to normalization.
- Emulsifies Cholesterol
- Has a positive effect on memory, clarity and muscle control
- Assists vitamin absorption
- Oil free
Sunflower Lecithin acts as the body’s emulsifier by helping to dissolve fats and cholesterol. Sunflower Lecithin functions by allowing oil and water to interact. Therefore, it has the ability to keep cholesterol particles in solution while journeying through the arteries. This hampers cholesterol from forming hazardous deposits on the walls of blood vessels that can lead to narrowing or total blockage of the vessel. Furthermore, Sunflower Lecithin aids in liquefying the deposits that may have already formed.
Sunflower Lecithin helps metabolize fat in the liver and thus decreases the risk of liver degeneration and is a vital component of every cell in the body. It is found in high concentration in the vital organs such as the brain, heart, liver, and the kidneys. Additionally, it supports the skin, hair, and nervous system. In the brain, Lecithin Choline is transformed into Acetycholine, a vital compound for the transmission of messages from one nerve ending to another. When Lecithin is ingested, the Choline derived from it is absorbed by the brain and aids in memory, thinking ability and muscle control and helps with absorption of Vitamins A and D in the intestinal tract.
Organic Sunflower Lecithin is known to: Emulsify Cholesterol; Have a positive effect on memory, clarity and muscle control; Assist vitamin absorption, and is Oil free.
(WE USE ONLY ORGANIC SUNFLOWER LECITHIN NOT GMO-SOY LECITHIN LIKE OTHER PRODUCTS)
Plant Based Digestive Enzymes provide enzyme activity that remove digestive stress. Raw and uncooked food contains several enzymes that aid in their digestion. Many of these enzymes are destroyed during the cooking process. Supplementing with Plant Based Digestive Enzymes provides a balanced serving of protease (to digest protein), amylases (to digest starch) and lipases (to digest fat), Cellulase, Lactase and Malt Diastase. This synergistic combination of Digestive Enzymes will contribute to the overall efficacy and absorption of Power For Life.