* MEAT BY-PRODUCTS: Meats derived from the 4 D’s (Dead, Dying, Diseased, or Decayed animals), unfit for human consumption. Also includes, hooves, horns, pus, feces, urine, skin, hair, bones, gristle, leftover organs, pig feet, pig snouts, tails, udders, condemned hog livers and carcinogenic parts. Many animals have excess levels of drugs, hormones, pesticides, and anti-biotic and heavy metals.
* POULTRY BY-PRODUCTS: Parts that are condemned for human consumption including: beaks, feathers, necks, feet, undeveloped eggs, intestines and carcinogenic parts.
* VEGETABLE FIBER: Ground up corn husks, peanut shells and sawdust.
* MEAT MEAL: Rendered product from animal tissue (Animal source need be named).
* FISH: Heads, fins, tails, skin and bone. The whole fish is NOT added so it does not contain many of the fat-soluble vitamins, minerals or omega-3 fatty acids.
* FISHMEAL: Dried ground tissue of fish.
* POULTRY FAT: Tissues from rendered poultry, preserved with BHA.
* BHA and BHT: Preservatives known to cause kidney, liver and brain damage. Highly carcinogenic.
* PROPOLYNE GLYCOL: Used as a preservative (Anti-freeze).
* SODIUM NITRATES: The FDA stated that this chemical is hazardous to our health. It adds a rosy color to pet food, making it look more appealing to humans. Animals, however, are color blind.
* DRIED WHOLE EGGS: Rejects from hatcheries that are broken and/or unfit for human consumption.
* BEET PULP: Dried residue from sugar beets… pure SUGAR.
* GROUND YELLOW CORN: Ground or chopped yellow corn. Lowest nutritional variety of corn.
* BREWER’S RICE: Polished rice sections discarded from the manufacturing of beer, which may contain pulverized dried hops. No nutritional value.
* IRON OXIDE: Mineral, also known as RUST.
* FERROUS SULFATE: This substance is 20 percent elemental iron, which depletes vitamin A.
* COPPER SULFATE: This substance is highly corrosive to steel, iron and galvanized pipes.
* BREWER’S DRIED YEAST: This is a highy allergic substance to most dogs and cats which is left over from the beer brewing industry.
* ETHOXYQUIN:Is used as a fat preservative and known to cause thyroid, kidney, reproductive and immune related problems, as well as cancer.
* SODIUM METABISULFATE: Used as a preservative. In humans this chemical causes brain damage, weakness, difficulty in swallowing and loss of consciousness.
* FAT: Most fat comes from restaurant grease which is rancid and unfit for human consumption. The rest of the fats come from the tissues of mammals or poultry from rendering plants.
* LEAD, MERCURY, SALT and SUGAR are found in high levels in numerous well-known commercial foods.
* ADDITIONAL FACTS ABOUT PET FOODS:
o Rotting meats from supermarkets, roadkill and dead zoo animals are processed into pet food.
o Euthanized dogs and cats are sold to rendering factories and from there to pet food companies. Fur, collars, tags, flea collars and the plastic bags the animals arrive in are not removed before they are cooked in the rendering pits.
o Pets, livestock and horses, are euthanized with Sodium Pentobarbital and then sent to the rendering plants. The University of Minnesota conducted a study which concluded that this lethal drug DOES NOT breakdown under heat. Approximately 30,000 pounds of this “supposed” meat source are produced daily and then sold to the pet food companies. This unregulated garbage ends up with a fancy label that states “complete and balanced nutrition” and is served to your animal friend on a daily basis.